Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 18, 2011

There is one less tiger in the world

Today I got a heartwrenching email from Greenpeace. In this email I was told about a tiger that was caught in a steel trap and died from it's injuries. Please note these are not my photos. I only use these to show what I saw in the email.
 There are only 400 of these tigers left on earth and they are facing extiction!
The person responsable for this beautiful animals death is Sinar Mas. He owns a plantation that produces pulp for paper mills. The company he owns is called Asia pulp & Paper which is a subsiduary of his plantaion that he owns. Greenpeace has said that that the tigers habitat is down by 93%..They also have noted that in the 1930's there were three subspecies of this Tiger, two of which are extinct now.
 Here is a picture of a snared Tiger who later died because of the trap set.

 This really pisses me off!

No comments:

Post a Comment